- 500 g of leek
- 250 g of potatoes
- 100 g of butter
- 100 ml virgin olive oil
- 1 large spring onion
- 1 l of chicken broth
- 200 ml of milk
- Liquid cream
- Ham (optional)
- Salt and white pepper
1. Put the cheese in a bowl and undo with a few rods.
2. Crush with the blender and add the rest of the ingredients: first the cream. Beat a little.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
4. Continue beating with the blender, and add the cornstarch and sugar.
5. Finish to beat well with the blender and put it in a mold to bake in the oven.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Put the cake and lower the temperature a little, like 180 degrees, letting it cook for 30 minutes.
7. Wait for it to cool, remove from the mold and spread the layer of red fruit jam on top.
The Vichyssoise is usually taken cold or hot.
When you’re serving it, you can add a little liquid cream mixing everything well, and we can garnish with chives or minced ham.
We offer you frozen leeks (marketed by Oblanca).
Nutrition & well-being
Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits
The leek is a vegetable whose main component is water, and because of its low caloric power, it is ideal for low-calorie diets.
- It is also rich in iron, which is why it is recommended for people with anemia.
- It has an important amount of fiber and vitamins, especially vitamin C.
- It is advisable to also use the leaves of the leek, since the contribution of fiber that will provide us will be much greater.