- 1 kg of clams
- 200 ml olive oil
- Flour and chilli (optional)
- Fish stock
- White wine, or a Fino Uncle Pepe (optional)
1. Put the clams covered with water with fat salt for a few minutes, and put them in a colander and move it with energy so that they release all the sand.
2. In a casserole, put the oil to heat and when it boils, add the garlic and the crushed parsley. If a stronger taste is desired, a dried chilli can be added. You have to be very aware at all times of the preparation and remove the casserole from the heat if it is necessary, since if it burns it would make the dish bitter.
3. When the sauce is ready, add the flour and let it toast a little. Then, water with the chosen wine and the fish fumet.
4. Let cook, so that it takes the flavor and add the clams that will need to be cooked until they open.
We offer you Brown Pacific Clam sold by Oblanca.
Nutrition & well-being
Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits
Mollusks are low calorie foods due to their low fat content. They are rich in minerals such as sodium, potassium or phosphorus.
- They contain high amounts of group B vitamins and especially vitamin B12. They also provide vitamin A.
- They are ideal for people who are doing a weight loss diet due to their low caloric intake.
- It is also recommended for people with iron deficiency anemia and high iron needs. Although the quantities of mollusks that are usually consumed are low, they constitute an excellent supplement in the diet of all those who need these nutrients.