Prawns in sparkling wine
- 24 good quality prawns
- 300 ml of olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 150 g of fried tomato
- 2 peppers
- Half a liter of sparkling wine
1. Defrost the prawns, peel them without removing the head and coat with flour.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole and sauté the sliced garlic. When golden, remove from the oil and add the prawns. Fry the prawns a little and remove them from the oil.
3. Add the fried tomato to the remaining oil along with the chili (optional) and a teaspoon of flour to thicken a little and when it is brown, add the sparkling wine and the garlic.
4. Let this sauce cook a little so it all blends together well, stirring it so it doesn’t stick and then add the prawns and bring to a boil (but do not overcook since they have already been fried in oil). If there is too little sauce, add a little more wine...
We offer you Topgel frozen prawns (wide variety of origins and sizes available).
Nutrition & well-being
Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits
These delicious shellfish are rich in different nutrients that are necessary for our health and the proper functioning of the body.
- Prawns are outstanding for their high protein content.
- Because they are rich in water and low in fats, carbohydrates, and therefore in calories, they are also recommended in weight loss diets.
- They provide Omega 3 fatty acids which are beneficial in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and they also reduce cholesterol levels and increase LDL cholesterol.
- They also contain iron, which helps to prevent iron deficiency anemia, or to treat it when it is present.