Chicken stew with almonds
- 1 free-range chicken
- 2 onions
- Olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Chili (optional)
- 100 g of ground almonds
- 150 ml of brandy
1. Cut the chicken into serving-size pieces.
2. Fry the chicken pieces in the olive oil until golden and remove to a side dish.
3. Finely chop the onion.
4. In a casserole, heat the oil from frying the chicken, add the onion and sauté until golden. Add the garlic, parsley, chili pepper (optional) and ground almonds. Sauté everything until just golden, being careful to not let it burn.
5. Add salt to taste, the brandy and a little water. If you see that it starts to burn, reduce the heat accordingly.
6. Add the reserved chicken to the casserole, sautéing it a bit with the other ingredients, but make sure it doesn't stick (you can add a little more water).
7. When everything is well blended, add water, but not enough to cover the chicken. When it starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer slowly until it is tender. If you are in a hurry, you can always cook it in a pressure cooker, but always over low heat.
8. Once the chicken is done, if the sauce is not thick enough, let it reduce and if you want, you can add a little bit of cornstarch dissolved in cold water and simmer the sauce a little more.
9. Add the prunes to garnish and serve.
We offer you clean Free-range chicken Oblanca.
Nutrition & well-being
Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits
A very healthy food commonly found in the kitchen in any country, recommended by doctors and nutritionists.
- The chicken has a tender texture and a very mild flavor, is easily combinable with other foods and because it is very digestible it can be included in the diet of small children.
- It is a light meat and easier to digest than red meats.
- It has a high content of high quality protein and essential amino acids and is low in calories.
- Chicken meat is recommended in weight loss diets because of its low fat content.
- The predominant chicken fats are healthy (unsaturated), such as linoleic acid that helps protect the heart.
- It is recommended for people with hypertension because of its low sodium content.
- Chicken also contains a wide variety of vitamins (A, B6 and B12), and minerals (iron, magnesium, zinc and chromium).
- It is an ideal source of energy and protein for athletes.