CHICKEN BREASTS WITH QUINCE SAUCE
4 chicken breasts
50g ginger root
400g of quince meat
200ml of sweet wine
500 ml of chicken broth
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 ground cloves
Salt and pepper
1. In a casserole we put oil and heat it over high heat. When it is hot, we add the previously seasoned breasts and let them cook on each of their faces. When they are golden brown, remove the breasts from the heat and reserve them on a plate.
2. Next, in the same casserole, we are going to prepare the quince sauce that will accompany our chicken breasts. To do this, finely chop the onion and ginger, add salt and pepper and let it cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. After this time, add the diced quince. Mix until completely dissolved. Then we add the sweet wine, nutmeg and cloves. We are stirring so that all the ingredients are mixed and we let the alcohol evaporate for about 2 minutes.
4. Next, we return the breasts to the casserole together with the sauce and cover them very well with the chicken broth. We let everything cook for about 40 more minutes. If a lot of liquid evaporates during cooking, add a little more broth. Finally, when the chicken breasts are cooked, we serve.
We offer you chicken breasts sold by Oblanca:
Nutrition & well-being
NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES AND HEALTHY BENEFITS
- Food present in the kitchen of any country and also very healthy, recommending its consumption by doctors and nutritionists.
- Chicken has a tender texture and a very mild flavor, which makes it easily combinable with other foods and can be included in the diet of children from an early age, due to its easy digestion
- It is a lighter meat and easier to digest than red meat.
- It has a high content of high-quality proteins and essential amino acids, while its caloric content is low.
- Chicken meat is recommended in diets to lose weight, due to its low fat content.
- The predominant fats in chicken are healthy (unsaturated), such as linoleic acid that helps protect the heart.
- It is recommended for people with high blood pressure due to its low sodium content.
- Chicken also contains a wide variety of vitamins (A, B6 and B12), and minerals (iron, magnesium, zinc and chromium).
- It is an ideal source of energy and protein for athletes.