BAKED COD WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE AND PRAWNS
4 loins or about 800 grams of cod
100 grams of peeled prawns
1/2 liter of milk
For the bechamel sauce:
- Chop the garlic and onion. Grease a frying pan with melted butter and add a drizzle of olive oil. Let it fry and add a couple of tablespoons of flour.
- Once the flour is lightly toasted, we pour in the milk and stir the mixture non-stop for about 4-5 minutes to prevent lumps from appearing. When checking that the béchamel is thickening, add the freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt
- We keep stirring for 2-3 more minutes and that's it.
For the cod:
- Before preparing the béchamel, it is advisable to prepare the cod so that it can be placed directly in the oven once it is ready. For this, it needs to be desalted and cut to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for 10 minutes. While it is hot, we cut the prawns to add them to the béchamel just before putting it in the oven.
- Once the bechamel is almost finished, add the chopped prawns and mix.
- Place the cod fillets in a sufficiently large dish and pour the béchamel with the prawns until they are completely covered. Sprinkle the grated cheese, parsley and oregano on top.
- The dish is baked for about 20 minutes at 180ºC, switching to the "gratin" function of the oven in the last 2 or 3 minutes to finish melting the cheese. Finally, it only remains to serve it hot.
We offer you jumbo cod loin sold by Oblanca.
Nutrition & well-being
Nutritional Properties and Healthy Benefits
It is a white fish with little fat content.
Rich in proteins of high biological value.
Among its vitamins, those of group B stand out.
It is an important source of potassium, which is an essential mineral for the proper functioning of the central nervous system and muscles, and iodine, a very important mineral, especially for the regulation of the thyroid glands.
It also contains omega 3. Prevents cardiovascular diseases and Alzheimer's.
It favors the reduction of the symptoms of hyperactivity and childhood allergies.
Hypertensive people should have special control over their consumption, since its sodium content is somewhat high, so, as in this case, it is advisable to always desalt it correctly.